Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Goals...

I continue to struggle with defining my goals for 2013. I went on a search for podcasts to see if something would jump out and bite me, and I listened to a few different ones, in the interests of finding one or two that speak to me.

While doing do, one thing I heard that definitely resonated with me, was the idea of spending a half hour a day on personal growth and development. At first this seemed daunting... there aren't enough hours in a day as it is, so how can I come up with another half hour? But then I gave some consideration to multitasking.

There are a lot of elecronic resources available now, between podcasts and books/training on CDs... that this is something you can do while you do other things. Whether it be learning a language or listening to a lifecoach podcast, a half hour a day can be carved out while doing dishes, while waiting for anything, while driving to/from work or while enjoying your morning coffee.

So while I still haven't defined my goals for the year, I am committing to spending 30 minutes a day on personal development - and hopefully that will lead to me figuring out what I want to do next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment