Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Slipping and Falling

So... I'm back on the saddle again, or at least I was for the last week and a half.

I'm working the PINK Method lifestyle again. Got through the "Reset" phase until the evening of Day 9, at which point I crashed and burned. Carbo-loading and indulging.

You'd think that after 9 days of very low carbs, that the experience would be gratifying and satisfying, but no - it wasn't. And today? I'm left to deal with the aftermath, both on the scale, and with my body, which has no idea what's going on and is a mess today.

Why is it that at times, the allure of a particular food item seems more tempting and more rewarding, somehow, than the goals that we would achieve if we were to avoid it? Why is it that despite all we've learned, we repeat the same mistakes? Why does short-term thinking and the inclination to achieve instant gratification override everything else that we KNOW we want?

So I slip and fall, because I'm human, and I make mistakes. I pick myself up, brush myself off and get back in the saddle because I'm ME. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment