Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beginning with the End in Mind

I'm an idea-junkie. I hear ideas, I identify with them, I get excited about them, and I want to make them happen.

The reality, though, is that "making it happen" involves follow-through and work, and that sometimes once you find yourself in the midst of the follow through and work, you've lost the excitement that made you start in the first place.

I will say, that my husband is wonderfully patient and understanding, and that he always supports my ideas, knowing that some will come to fruition, and others will not. He doesn't say "yeah, right" or "we'll see if it actually happens"... He says "that sounds cool" or "neat idea!". I have a million ideas (very few are my own, as I'm not a very creative person by nature) and I would like to implement some of them. All of them are worthwhile.... all of them have benefits that i would like to reap... but they cannot all be implemented at the same time, and so if I'm to be successful, I must both prioritize, and do what I can to maintain the excitement I feel when I begin.

I think working toward two goals, each focusing on a different area of my life, is absolutely feasible. With that in mind, I'm pursuing my weight-loss/health goal, and a de-cluttering goal. I have specific plans and methods to achieve each of these goals... a step-by-step guide, if you will, which will help me to be successful.

With each of these goals, I need to remain focused, every single day, on why I want to achieve the goal - the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. When I lose sight of my destination, I find myself derailed, and I get off track. I need to begin with the end in mind, and not lose sight of it - not even for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment