Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Break-Up Letter

Dear 150s,

We didn't spend much time together, I know. I remember when we first met, more than 10 years ago. I took you for granted at the time. Truth be told, when we were together back then, I often compared you to the 140s and found you wanting. And yet when I left you for the 160s, it wasn't trading up - quite the contrary.

When we were recently reintroduced through the PINK method, I was on the rebound from the 160s, yet again. While I'd like to say that it's been the 160s all this time, that simply isn't true. Things were so much worse than that. Having said that, I've turned my life around now, and am setting my sights higher.

The time we've spent reconnecting together have filled me with happiness. When I was with you, I found my old self again. I liked what I saw and so did the people around me.

While it means so much to me that you took me back when I had never appreciated you, I do feel that I need to be honest. My heart still belongs to the 130s. It always has, and always will be. It's not good or right for me to be with you, knowing that I should be somewhere else.

So I've moved on. I'm with the 140s now, and we have an understanding, knowing that I intend to be with the 130s very soon. I hope that one day soon the 130s will take me back, even though I took them for granted so many years ago. I promise that I will never do that again.

Thank you for the happiness you've given me the last few weeks, fleeting as it was. I will remember that you were there for me at a time when I needed you, but understand that I don't need you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment