Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Milestones

A number of people I work with are currently focused on health and wellness. I can't speak for them, but for me, when I say that, I'm referring to reducing my overall circumference.

Something that has come up during these group conversations is "celebrating" milestones. At the 5lb, 10lb, 20lb, or whatever that might be. It might be a pedicure, or a facial, or a pair of shoes. It might be something as simple as a quiet night with a good book and a bubble bath.

Beyond these mini-rewards, we do, of course, have our BIG reward at the end (not just the great bodies we wanted, but something more to look forward to). For some it's a vacation, for me, it's a whole new wardrobe full of fabulous, flattering clothes.

Today, I hit what I would consider a milestone. Having been on this journey for just a few days past the 3-month mark, I've now lost 40lbs. While it's unfortunate that I allowed myself to reach the point where I had so much excess body weight to lose, I think I will appreciate my new body more, having worked so hard to achieve it. My journey's not done yet, but I look and feel better than I can remember in the last 15 years, and I'm proud of myself for having reached this milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment