Thursday, May 24, 2012

Optimism and Pessimism

Last couple of days have been... well... interesting.

Work's going really well. We have a new leader on our team who, from what I can tell after a couple of days, is exactly what we need. The team spirits are up, and we all seem to be feeling something that we haven't dared to in over a year: hope.

I'm optimistic right now when it comes to the direction in which the team will be headed, and looking forward to some positive changes with this new team member at the helm.

My family life has been going well - things are good with my husband and kids... everyone's getting along, we're heading in the right direction, all together. We recently made the decision to move forward with some much-needed home improvements, and while my gut reaction has me shying away from incurring any additional debt, I've come to the realization that we aren't going to be able to save up for it - financing's going to be our only option. After movsing past my initial anxiety about this, I've actually discovered that I'm looking forward to the results, and I've made my peace with the financial sacrifice that will need to happen to get there.

My progress on my personal goals, however, has been less than stellar. I have hit a plateau in my weight loss journey. Normally, you would kick up the intensity to push past something like that - at least that's the first place to start - but I can't seem to find the motivation to do it. I haven't worked out the way that I should for the last couple of days, and yet I know that slacking off is definitely NOT the way to get where I want to be.

I'm happy with the results that I've been getting. I'm happy with the way I've transformed my body. I'm frustrated, though, with my current lack of progress, and I feel pessimistic about my ability to get to my ultimate goal, which is 11 lbs away. This is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy which is likely my only obstacle between where I'm at now, and where I want to be,

So, yeah... feeling both optimistic and pessimistic, hopeful and anxious, excited and nervous. An interesting few days, riding along on this emotional roller-coaster. Here's hoping the ride's done soon, or at least that things level off for just a couple of days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment