Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wallow

I have occasionally been known to wallow. It's self-indulgent and unproductive, but from time to time, nothing appeals to me more.

There are some things I take in stride, and others that I view simply as a challenge for me to conquer, knowing that I will prevail. Sometimes, though, it can be difficult to simply bounce-back from a hitch in your stride. Sometimes all I want to do is wallow and dwell. Negative, I know. It doesn't happen often, and it isn't always anything big. It can simply be that plans for an evening didn't quite go as I'd hoped. Not that they were bad, just not exactly what I wanted, and next thing I know - boom - wallowing.

Today was like that. My wallowing took up a great deal of my time. I knew I needed to bounce-back and get on with things, but I simply couldn't find the motivation.

Here's hoping that a good night's sleep refreshes and resets things. This wallow's been alright, but I'm done with it, for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment