Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Relaxation

As much as I've often been a lazy person, I've always struggled with the ability to relax. I'm constantly thinking about things, planning things, and yes, occasionally worrying or stressing over things.

I took 3 days off this week. My mom (who is a godsend and watches my kids after school, most days) was playing tour guide-slash-hostess to company from overseas, so I took the time off so my kids would be a non-issue for her during their stay.

While the first day got filled up with "stuff" (not bad stuff, just things to do), yesterday and today held no demands on my time while the kids were in school. I did some very minor tidying, but for the most part, I tried very hard to relax. As I'm also on the "reset" phase of my health program, I also had no workouts to do. I caught up on some shows I enjoy that I hadn't had time to watch recently, cooked myself delicious and healthy lunches, and had some "me time".

It felt awkward and made me feel oddly guilty, like I was doing something wrong, or something I should apologize for. I don't think it's something that I could do all the time... I'd feel useless and unproductive. I will say, though, that on day 2 of my attempt at true relaxation, I'm feeling less awkward with it - like I'm finding my stride. I kinda wish I had another day or two to really practice more with this relaxation thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment