Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Where Have You Gone?

Oh, motivation.... where are you? Where have you gone?

I now understand why everyone says the last 10 lbs are the hardest - it's not because you work just as hard but the weight just won't come off, it's because you stop working hard.

Let's face it: for most of us, motivation to lose weight comes from the fact that we don't like what we see in the mirror. When you're within 10 lbs of your goal, though, those "problem areas" aren't as obvious anymore. They're still there, don't get me wrong - it's just a lot easier to ignore them or at least look past them, when you're so close to your goal.

You would think that the promise of a fabulous wardrobe once I reach my goal would be enough to keep things on track. The simple fact is, though, that I might need to break things down into smaller chunks to get myself moving in the right direction. Lose 3 more lbs and get a pedicure... get to within 5 lbs of my goal and get a massage... that kind of thing. I've gotta do something, because seeing the finish line in the distance seems so close, but at the same time, so far away.

And so I dig deeper to find some motivation - whatever works at this point to get me through this last leg of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment